Sunday, May 25, 2014

Cardinal Sins

So, I left Iceland last week. It was much sadder than I was anticipating. But that’s down buzz and boring, so let’s talk about the second major event of the week. Dads’ arrival in Germany and my rendezvous with him - equally as entertaining but not nearly as downbuzz.

Brandenburg Gate

Having met up with Dad and having hung out with him for a few days, I now feel that the past 6 ½ months have been something of a dream. In some ways it is nice that I feel life no time has passed, however, in other ways, it is not so good.

Chilling on the River Spree

Our honeymoon period lasted about 5 minutes. I then proceeded to committing cardinal sins, left, right and centre. For example:

Berlin cathedral

I lost the cap the one of the water bottles that is coming with us to Morocco as a water bottle, but without the cap is rendered useless. Thus, we are already down to a measly 3 water bottles (that could not be bought in Morocco). 

Schloss Charlottenburg

I do not check the door handle after locking the door (I trust the process). This leads to Dad double checking every time that I have done it correctly. I have. Without fail.

Berlin Wall

Dad has informed me that some sun is very important while too much is highly dangerous. Despite just graduating from whole year of winter, getting slightly pink after a lovely afternoon in the sunshine warrants a “you’re sunburnt” comment. And we all know the implications of a “you’re sunburnt” comment.

A church

It’s also amusing to me (upon reflection of course) that with my friends, when we are all being indecisive, indecisiveness is fine with me. I have no problem with its presence. With Dad, it drives me up the wall.

An ECU of Schloss Charlottenburg

But let’s not misinterpret what I’m trying to say here. But just to be clear, I'll spell it out for you:

I couldn’t be happier to be here with Dad.

Berlin Bear

I am unbelievably stoked that he has come all this way to see me.

I love my dad to the moon and back.

Frankfurt by cloud

I am amused at just how quickly those same things irk you about each other.

I guess that’s what parents are for, no?

Frankfurt by sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment