Sunday, July 20, 2014

Monty Python and the Life of Turkey

Another week… This week, I have travelled to Turkey. Here I am effectively doing WOOFing.

A turkey... In Turkey...

Sometimes, the situation reminds me of Monty Python (for the sake of this blog entry and privacy, my superior will be impersonating the Knight of Ni and later the Bridgekeeper).

Some pretty fuchsia flowers

Recently, the Knight of Ni had me move a large pile of straw (about 20 m to the east).

To which I responded:
“Oh, Knight of Ni, you are just and fair and I shall not return until the deed is done.”

The Aegean

Then they wanted me to rake up the leaves and feed them to the goats (but now while there are customers, which is all day every day).

To which I responded:
“Oh, Knight of Ni, you are just and fair and I shall not return until the deed is done.”

The countryside

Then they wanted me to sweep the path (but it was too dusty, so my mission was aborted earlier than anticipated).

To which I responded:
“Oh, Knight of Ni, you are just and fair and I shall not return until the deed is done.”

Dinner

Then, they wanted us to ‘clear everything’ from a particular area on the farm.

To which I responded:
“Oh, Knight of Ni, you are just and fair and I shall not return until the deed is done.”

The café

Two days later, the Knight of Ni, who has, for the sake of this weeks’ blog miraculously become the Brudgekeeper and exclaims:

“He who approaches the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see…”

The café

To which we replied:

“Ask me the questions. I am not afraid”

“What are you doing?”

“Clearing everything”

“What for?”

“Because you told us to…”

“No, I just told you to pick up the rocks. There is a machine coming through later to do what you are doing. Are you stupid?”

“Do you know the definition of ‘clear everything’?”

“Huh? I don’t –“

The café

And then he was fired from his role as Bridgekeeper and thrown into the great chasm beneath the Bridge of Death.

The dogs

My life here thus far has reminded me of the epic 'Monty Python,' minus some of the epic-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment