Monday, December 21, 2015

Rando

Curiouser and curiouser - that's how China is. Random events strangely linked by two girls from New Zealand, which yesterday dropped to one. I was abandoned by the roadside. Not literally, but you get my gist.  

FYI, if you really want to stand out at an event where everyone looks amazing, I would recommend attending in a complete lack of sparkles, glitter and make up (of which I had none, because that shit is heavy and ain't nobody got room for that in a backpack). You may not stand out in the way that you want to, but you will definitely stand out. The father is Miss Scotland (who was casually bidding thousands of pounds on auction items at this years 'Miss World Charity Gala') recognised us as Team New Zealand. He attire was the most expensive looking suit I have ever seen, with a shirt that was a shirt but that wasn't made of shirt material. I don't even know what that shit is called, all I know was that it smelt like money. I believe that our total inability to do fancy was out identifier. So we did stand out... Which I guess is good, because all publicity is good publicity, right? 

You know how when you get a bit tired and your filter starts to go. A beauty pageant is kind of like that, but on steroids because everyone feels like they can comment on your appearance and conduct. Four of the top contenders for Backhanded Compliment (also know as Straight Up Insult) of the Week are: 
"You could compete in Miss World next year, if you went on a diet" 
"You look beautiful. I didn't know you could look beautiful. When you are at the hostel you don't look beautiful."
"You're a vegetarian? But you're not skinny!"
"I'm worried about you two [my friend and I]. You always seem to have a large glass of wine with you." 

I am also learning to keep sleep as a priority because I  stop thinking straight when I get tired. For example, I met a Dutch guy at the hostel and proceeded to tell him, in detail, about the one Dutch person I don't like, in the (relative) sea of Dutch people I have in my life. Not good. 

Ah well, if I were perfect life would be no fun and we would have nothing to work on. So henceforth, to improve myself, I will prioritise my sleep, stop carrying around a large glass of wine, go on a diet, always wear make up and work on my aura as a vegetarian. That should be enough for a start, anyway. 

Finally, a shout out to Miss World New Zealand. You were my pick. But it turns out that beauty pageants are as random as my trip to China, which is as random as a random number generator. So yeah... 

No comments:

Post a Comment