Monday, December 23, 2013

Easily Confused

Rome

The Colosseum

The Trevi Fountain has long been a destination for many people in search of love. My friend and I, too, thought this an appropriate tourist attraction to visit, a worthwhile cause. However, of course, to be in pursuit of love, one must first find the fountain. This proved more difficult that we had originally thought.

We reached a fountain that we believed was the Trevi Fountain. Our thoughts were:

‘Where are the coins?’

We suggested, maybe they clean the fountain during the winter.

‘Why doesn’t it look like the one in the movies?’

We suggested that perhaps it was the angle, or the light.

‘How come there are no tourists?’

It was winter after all.

It took us perhaps 5 minutes for the coin to drop (pun intended), but I’m sure that you can appreciate our - well, my – (I think I found this much funnier than my friend) amusement when we figured out that this was not the Trevi Fountain. It was high fives all round when we finally made it.

When we found the real fountain, we tossed our coins, and sat there, eating gelatos, waiting for true love to come our way. It did – I fell in love with my gelato, and a love more pure you never saw.


The Pretend Trevi Fountain

The Real Trevi Fountain 
(you can see how easy it is to get them confused)

Greece

Greek youths are incredible people. Full of bright and intelligent questions. Just to give you a taste for their conversation and way of life, my favourite conversation starter this week was:

‘Are you a Belieber?’

‘Am I a what?’

‘Belieber? Selenator? Lovatic? Smiler?’

Oh. Oh, I see. Right. Such is the life of a Greek youth.

Zumba at a night-club (I was confused too)

The beautiful Pelio Peninsula

Random monastery on a hill

Greece

Out for lunch (but we sat inside)


Have a great Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment