Monday, April 14, 2014

ThinkTank

This week, my friends and I formed a ThinkTank in order to produce a rap video for a friend’s birthday. While ThinkTank’s are a good idea in theory, the reality (at least for me) was much less appealing. Ideas are filtered and shaped onsite, in the presence of all your teammates. The idea filtering process went something like this:

A beautiful day in Sunny Reykjavik

Task 1 - Choose songs to perform

Me:                              I don’t know any rap songs. What about ‘What Does the Fox Say?’
Bystander #1:            I hate that song and refuse to perform it.
Bystander #2:            What about Macklemore. Thrift Shop. Or Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song?
Bystander #1:            They are great ideas! I reckon we should use both!
Me:                              Ok.

Which way is up?

Task 2 - Work on the lyrics

Bystander #1:            What rhymes with shame?
Me (thinking):           Pencil, crocodile, street, purple, tree. No, no, no, no, no.
Bystander #2:            Lame
Bystander #3:            Aim
Bystander #4:            Claim
Bystander #5:            Fame
Bystander #6:            Name
Bystander #1:            Very good guys! I like it, I like it a lot! We’re going to get this lyrics pumped out in no time!
Me:                            Ok.

Something to aspire to.

Task 3 - Film the video:

Bystander #1:            We need to camera out a little more. How could we do that?
Me:                              Well, I saw that somebody had a shoehorn in their room. And I have hair ties. Maybe we could tie the GoPro to the shoe horn? Would that work?
Bystander #2:            I have a GoPro film pole. I’ll just go and get it for you.
Bystander #1:            That sounds perfect! Thanks so much!
Me:                              Ok.

 
Maybe I'd be more useful at the bottom of the cliff?

Task 4 - Edit the video:

Bystander #1:            Cool. So it’s all done. Should be all good to go.
Me:                              Awesome. Is it saved? Can I close it?
Bystander #1:            I’m not sure – maybe just check.
Me:                              Apparently iMovie automatically saves all your projects. I’ll just close it and see what happens.

If the ThinkTank are standing where the photo was taken. 
I am the football. 

Turns out it doesn’t really ‘save’ everything.

Me:                              Ok.

Stumbling around in the dark

I remade the video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment