Sunday, November 24, 2013

Epic Proportions

This week, I have raved with Parisians, eaten with the locals, been awed by Gaudi (time and again), experienced the best adaptation of a novel I have ever seen and triumphed with the Barcelonians. It has been pretty epic.

The National
In Paris, The National were playing and this concert blew my mind. We witnessed the wild side of the otherwise very restrained Parisians. The lead singer got lost in the crowd.

The National

La Boqueria
La Boqueria is the market in Barcelona and has also sorts of fun food and crazy colours - even whole pigs. Unfortunately, I was too repulsed by the smell to stop and take a snap but for the rest of the week I have had the refrain ‘this little piggy went to market’ whirring around in my wee brain.

Chocolate

Fruit and chillies


Sagrada Familia
To be honest, having seen the outside of Sagrada Familia I wouldn’t have been disappointed to have skipped the inside viewing (especially given the exuberant price). However, I spent my money and was awed by the beauty, creativity and genius that presented itself in Sagrada Familia. We only got told off for being culturally insensitive twice, though I expect there were many more times when we would have been borderline. I also got epically photobombed.


Sagrada Familia

The ceiling

The light and windows

This guy photobombed me...

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Now, all jokes aside… I know that for a lot of you, this may not count as a highlight or even as a legitimate way to spend my time in Barcelona, but I promise you, this movie is epic. I will even go so far as to say that it is better than the book. Great story, great cast, great script. What more could you want?

Barcelona vs Grenada
There is nothing quite like experiencing a national sport. This was no exception. The skill and ability of the players was incredible. There was also one very loud and supportive spectator. They always make me laugh. And the Hollywoods were great. They did flips and everything – to the untrained eye they could have been gymnasts. Unfortunately, I have a trained eye, so I saw them for what they truly were – football players.


The view

These guys also photobombed us...


Just as a slight aside (but continuation from last week), my jogging experiences have continued to be eventful. This week, I continued to run against the crowd. But this week it was even more noticeable. Sometimes I worry about my lack of awareness - but that was last week.

I feel like they knew something I didn't

There are lots more funny photos, but I don't want to overwhelm you but let me know if you want to see some and I'll see what I can do for you. 

Ciao for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment