Sunday, November 10, 2013

No Time For It.

“I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging.” The Hobbit

I want life to happen to me. I want life to wrap me up, colour me in and spit me out the other side (hopefully a long time from now). In pursuit of life, I am going on an adventure

But this is scary. There are no two ways about it. But there are two options.


Option 1 - The Sit At Home Option.

"We are plain, quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!" The Hobbit

And I do like dinner. Food gives me a great amount of pleasure.

And not just food. All my home comforts...

Rosie.

The stunning Dunedin coastline.

Storm.
(living life on the edge - not actually allowed inside but decided he was entitled)

Home.

My second home. 

My gorgeous family.


I, like everyone, would like to know the conclusive answers to the following questions (especially that last one):

"'I should like to know about risks, out-of-pocket expenses, time required and remuneration and so forth' - by which he meant: 'What am I going to get out of it? And, am I going to come back alive?'" The Hobbit

But these are things that we shall never know.


Option 2 - No Time For It. 

"'But -' said Bilbo.

'No time for it,' said the wizard.

'But -' said Bilbo again.

'No time for that either! Off you go!'" The Hobbit





FML.

Why not?

In pursuit of life - off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment