Sunday, November 1, 2015

Hexagonal

I have a policy not to read what I write in my previous blogs because it makes my tummy feel funny. So I don’t. On principal. Last week I sat my organic chemistry exam. Which also made my tummy feel funny. In fact, I would go so far as to say it made me so anxious that I thought I was going to throw up. Or have a mini panic attack. Or a major heart attack. It ruined my sleep patterns for the week, reducing my nightly average to about 5 hours. As a result I have been tired, grumpy and emotional since Tuesday. And it is now Sunday. Anyway, moving right along, (based on the assumption that I pass my organic chemistry exam) it is with great pride and pleasure and humility and gratification that I would like to announce that I have completed my undergraduate degree in chemistry.  Do you want to know what that qualifies me to do? Nothing. Except, I can draw pentagons, hexagons and octagons. So if you are in need of somebody capable of drawing those three shapes and little else then I am your girl. Go me!

Red = how to draw the perfect hexagon

I should make an advertisement for doing a chemistry degree:

Chemistry Ad

It would read, "Do a degree in chemistry! You will have to make crystal meth in your basement to get by, but your love for the subject will outweigh any other problems you might have in your life. Promise."

And it will be an ironic ad. 

Oh and about my life getting more interesting, as I promised it would, it will… It just hasn’t yet. Give it another week. Or two. And then maybe something spicy might happen. That may be a pun. It may not be. I have no idea. Time will tell. In other news (entirely unrelated), my family seems to have made a habit of having family reunions right in the middle of my exams. So that's fun. And poor timing. And fuels the aforementioned tired, grumpy and emotional state.

Although, when I say that my life hasn’t gotten interesting, I did get a black eye. So that was fun; you know, supporting the Men In Black (#allblackeverything). I admit, wasn’t a proper black eye, but I will claim it because it was the most interesting thing that has happened all week (in my life). If you’re wondering, I got a phone thrown at my face.

Our boys

The weather has been quite nice. Not that I would know. I’ve been working on my study tan. Pasty with a hint of ghost.

What does this even mean? 

Till something more interesting happens, stay safe out there. It’s a dangerous world!

[End note and fun fact: Apparently throwing up in your exam is not that uncommon; some people do that. Unfortunately I have never experienced this first hand, but I have it on good authority]

No comments:

Post a Comment