Sunday, November 22, 2015

I'm alive

So, I would firstly like to apologise for assuming that my blog would work in China. It doesn't. Luckily for you, my loyal supporters and for me, I have discovered an app that rights all wrongs on this front. But just so that you know, I was all prepared to have a backlog of handwritten blogs in my diary to post when I got back to countries where blogs and Facebook and YouTube and gmail (and freedom?) are allowed. So I am dedicated. Obviously, I am dedicated because I am sitting on my bed in Lhasa, Tibet writing my bloody blog. As if that's what all normal people do when they are in Tibet.

But I guess I should back track a couple of days to arrival in hot, sticky, humid Hong Kong. In this strange and foreign land, I have learnt two things. Firstly, the locals are super friendly - if you start to think about asking for directions someone has already answered your question. Secondly, and much more importantly, I discovered that I can't use chopsticks for shit. Perhaps not the best self-realisation to have on the way to The Middle ofNnowhere. Alas, here we are. In The Middle of Nowhere. I still can't use chopsticks, but I am learning slowly. Emphasis on slowly, but I am trying to hurry this process up a bit because I am concerned that I am going to have to go hungry in the not too distant future. And hunger leads to hanger which leads to a genuinely unpleasant experience for all involved. In a 5 mile radius.

It's always difficult to know what to tell people about travels.

Hong Kong.

It's hot. It's humid. It's busy. It's beautiful. It's chaotic.

Tibet.

It's high. It's cold. It's clear. It's crazy. It's traditional. In an untraditional sense.

And without fail, the people are amazing and generous and warm.

I'll let you know if something funny happens. Its a dangerous world out there. So until I come out with some horrific sorry of my utter ignorance about everything, stay safe. In a role of bubble wrap. It'll help protect you from the storm.

And I'll work on photos for next time... The blog itself was achievement enough for one night!

No comments:

Post a Comment