Monday, March 10, 2014

Anecdotes

This week, I have four short and unconnected anecdotes, accompanied by a few random photos from the week’s expeditions to share with you.

Continental rift - full of money

Anecdote 1: The Ginger and the Disabled

This story didn’t happen to me, but a friend, but I enjoyed it so much, I thought it was worth sharing. 

My friend has ginger hair. Or ‘ranga. Or whatever you like to call it. This week, he was out and about, on the town, when he decided to invest in waffles before missioning home. While there, that a man in a wheel chair came up to him out of the blue and stated, simply and clearly:

I would rather be disabled than ginger.

Point blank. I mean, at least he’s honest right?

I couldn't help but wonder if he would have rather been ginger or albino?

Anecdote 2: Snowball

It has been snowing all week here. Needless to say, that snow = snowballs. I suppose the fun thing about snowballs is that you can throw them and not get hurt… so it’s fun.

Plenty of snow for snowballs

Unless you’re me. And you don’t know your own strength. And you pack the snowball nice and tight. Then hit somebody square in the face.

Plenty more snow to make more snowballs

He’s claiming a black eye. Or at least a slightly swollen one. I’m claiming he’s a pussy. And should definitely stop complaining.

Somebody starts crying - that's not fun, that's just awkward 


Anecdote 3: What’s my age again?

I told somebody this week that I was 20 years old, but they misheard me (often happens here) and comprehended 28 years of age. To my horror, they were very accepting of this fact, before I hurriedly corrected them. I feel old enough as it is, without people genuinely believing that I am 28… However, I did go to a 30th birthday party in the weekend… Which was also slightly disconcerting.

Geysir (not the original) also a little disconcerting

Anecdote 4: School

The swimming pool that I normally swim at here, is located directly opposite a primary school. This week, as I was leaving the swimming pool (minding my own business), I heard some children call out to me. Wondering what they could possibly want with me, I looked over, only to see them holding up a sign that said:

Fuck you

That was all. Little punks.

A rather peaceful scene, despite the kids here... 

I have decided my life is a comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment