Monday, March 3, 2014

Fatcat and Fishface

When I was little, I was given this CD by my loving uncle called Horrible Songs For Children, by Fatcat and Fishface.  There was one song in particular, that really resonated with me. It is called Lazy.

Verse 1
I would but I couldn’t
I should but I can’t
I just can’t be bothered
My motor won’t start

You can go your own way....

This past week has been a particularly hard one.

I had to do more than no work for university for a change. So I was off to a bad start… And then I went hiking.


I'm walking on sunshine...

Let’s be honest here, walking down the mountain is so annoying. You’ve done all the hard work to get to the top, and then you have to saunter back down for hours, just so you can leave.

Up, up and away...

But then my friend slipped about 50m and I remembered the song…  

I realized the stupidity of our ways. Why walk when you can slide? We flagged the walking idea and slide the rest of the way that snow cover and gravity would allow.

However, this method of transport is not recommended for electronics. Especially rogue electronics that like to wander off by themselves.


Take me higher...

Another of our party, still at the top, decided he wanted to listen to music. Rookie error. You never want to listen to music at the top of a steep and slippery mountain

He dropped his phone. We, lower down, moved to stop it. Then his phone split into three. And we gave up. Not that we had tried very hard. We watched the dismembered phone float past us, into the abyss and beyond.

I'm on top of the world...

Somewhat later, I got sick of walking all over again. I decided to take up the sport of penguining. I’m coining a new term.

Penguining: the sport of sliding on one’s stomach with the force of gravity, thus re-enacting the act of a penguin.

As for everything else:

Verse 2
I’ll do it tomorrow
I’ll be there next week
Wait just a minute
While I have a sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment